We Care about You!
YourGarageSale.com wants to make sure that you understand the warning signs for scams and fraud conducted on the internet by dishonest people. We recommend that you read this and follow the advice to avoid being scammed or fraud.
Some General Guidelines you should follow:
Here are some best practices when selling or buying things on the web.
1. Never wire funds via MoneyGram, Western Union, or any other wire service. Often scammer and dishonest people try to work with fake cashier check or money order, and banks will cash them and then hold you responsible for it. So it is extremely advisable to avoid this.
2. Try to deal with people locally and meet in person in a public area. This will avoid 99% of the scam attempts.
3. Never give out your financial data like your social security number, bank account number, PayPal account information etc.
4. Most scams and fraud involve inquiry from someone far away (often in another country), inability or refusal to meet in person face-to-face before completing transaction.
If Something Goes Wrong:
If you feel that you are a victim of fraud or scam you should try to contact the following:
- FTC toll free hotline: 877-382-4357 (1-800-FTC-HELP) or at FTC
- Canadian PhoneBuster hotline: 888-495-8501.
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center: IC3 so they can investigate.
About Our Site
As a Seller if you ever feel a Buyer might have alternative motivations or it was not a pleasant experience working with them, please contact us so we can investigate.
YourGarageSale is not involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer buyer protection or seller certification between any user of our websites or forums.